We’re always looking for talented people. Check out our latest staffing positions with the best engineers in the business. We’d love to have you on the team!
Civil Engineer, P.E. Sr. Project Manager Land Development
Civil Engineer EIT- Project Manager Land Development
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and skilled civil engineer-in-training to join our team. As a civil engineer-in-training, you will work with Project Managers/PEs and other professionals to initiate, plan, analyze, demonstrate, and document compliance of civil engineering and land development design solutions. You will collaborate with multidisciplinary teams and regulatory agencies, and you will coordinate with contractors, suppliers, and clients to ensure project specifications and requirements are met.
- Research records and conduct site visits and fieldwork to collect data, measurements, and observations to prepare reports to assess the feasibility of proposed projects.
- Assist in the design, drafting and review of plans, specifications, and construction documents for various civil engineering projects and infrastructure.
- Perform calculations and simulations to evaluate technical aspects of projects.
- Use computer-aided design (CAD) software to create and modify design drawings, specifications, and models.
- Communicate effectively with team members, clients, and stakeholders to ensure project success.
- Prepare technical reports and presentations for clients, regulators, and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate consultant bids and prepare construction cost estimates by researching materials, labor, and equipment prices.
- Assist in managing project budgets, timelines, and resources.
- Conduct on-site inspections to monitor the progress of construction projects, ensure compliance with design specifications and codes, and resolve any issues that may arise.
- Ensure that projects are completed within established quality, safety, and environmental standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- EIT or PE certification in Civil Engineering is required.
- Knowledge and technical experience with HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS and AutoCAD Civil 3D preferred in order to complete calculations of drainage volume and pond design as it pertains to land development
- Strong technical software knowledge of O365, Autodesk Civil 3D, HEC-HMS, and HEC-RAS.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, and planning skills.
- Strong interpersonal relationship, verbal & written communication, technical communication, and customer service skills.
- Professionalism and organization skills.
- Knowledge of regulations affecting land development in Central Texas — City of Austin and surrounding jurisdiction’s Drainage Criteria Manual, Environmental Criteria Manual, and Land Development Codes – is preferred.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and a supportive work environment that encourages professional growth and development. If you are a motivated individual looking to advance your career in civil engineering, please email your resume to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Project Coordinator Land Development
Project Coordinator role includes project planning with problem solving skills. The job responsibilities and goals include, but not limited to: Ownership of client relationships and satisfaction with Project Manager (PM) and Professional Engineer (PE), Initiation and ownership of delivering research assignments with PM and team, Initiation and Ownership of Coordination of consultant services and management of deliverables, Assist PM with outlining project timelines and tracking milestones, Identify and own project administration support opportunities & deliverables, Understand, delegate and addressing comments, outstanding items to permit, etc. with PM and team, manage your assigned proposal pipeline, managing and maintenance of client accounts in regards to contracts, budgets, billing and manage and cultivate marketing opportunities within your assigned projects and clients
What you’ll do:
- Project and Billing Coordinator
- Proposal to Permit, including billing
- Research and City codes
- Design /QAQC
- Clearing comments
- Legal processing
- Close out contract and city project fees
- Client relationships and satisfaction
- Tracking of project submittals/deadlines/implement project flow
- Coordination of all parties in project (subs, client, city)
- Project Software Management including coding and project budgets
- Change Orders
- Track Project Expenses- enter into software for billing
- Proposal to Permit, including billing
Civil AutoCAD Designer
What you’ll do:
• As a civil designer, you’ll develop site plans, grading and drainage plans, water quality and storm water detention pond design, traffic flow and analysis, utility design plans and any applicable standards and details as instructed by the Engineer/Manager. Other duties & responsibilities may include, but not limited to: assisting administrative personal with tasks, answering the phones, greeting clients, coordinating with the city, county, etc.
Always making an effort to help the office and business run smoother and more efficient as well as maximize profitability.
You Will Love this Position If:
• You desire to have a high degree of independence, creativity and responsibility
• You enjoy working on diverse projects and are able to handle multiple projects at one time
• You aspire to join a company that encourages career development and growth
• You live our values
Our ideal candidate:
- Outgoing, enjoys meeting new people and highly values relationships
- Eager to demonstrate leadership and talent in service, communication, organization and detailed design.
- Able to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
- Tech-saavy (Microsoft Office, Outlook, Web-suites for graphic design, AutoCAD Civil 3D.)
- Able to work under pressure
- Degree Preferred
- Works in a collaborative manner and is ready to serve on a team
- Attend Normal Business Hours:
Monday-Friday, 8 am-5 pm, with 1 hr break for lunchFull- Time Benefits include:
- Eligible benefits after 90 day trial period:
-PTO accrual, plus paid company holidays
-60% paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Eligible benefits after 6 months of employment:
-Gym Reimbursement up to $35 per month
– Enrollment in 401K program (up to 3% company matching)
– Competitive pay, opportunity for bonuses and growth
- Company offers professional development and continued education reimbursement
- Company sponsored team-building outings
Start Date: Immediate
Please send your resume, salary history/expectations, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Austin Civil Engineering, Inc. of Texas provides planning and engineering services to real estate developers, industries, municipalities, and others in the private and public sector. We have earned a reputation for expertise in civil engineering in Austin and the surrounding areas for over 20 years.
Our mission is to deliver innovative, efficient, and customized civil engineering solutions that facilitate economic and sustainable development throughout Texas. Our dream is to lead and deliver a better civil design process in order to engineer our community’s land development visions.
We are cultivating a team of positive leaders who are aligned with our vision and values. Our team of Engineers, Designers, Project & Account Managers is seeking to add a leader-in-training to our group.
Our company culture is one of positive, growth-oriented, team-oriented, fun, creative problem-solving. We face challenges together with solutions-based, positive attitudes!
- Small Company with huge potential for the right candidate
- We are in Austin TX (enough said)
- Performance driven environment, if you want it then go get it
- Training classes available for PE continuing education credits
- We are Invested in and Proactive towards realizing clients’ visions.
- We are Clear, Open, Honest, and On-going in our Communication with our
clients and one another.
- We serve with a spirit of Positivity.
- We are always Creating new ways to solve design problems.
- We insist on Efficiency and Excellence in everything we do.
- We are Accountable – in all our actions – to our clients and to one another.
- We Respect and Enjoy one another and the privilege of designing together.
This is a great opportunity for the right individual! Austin Civil Engineering, Inc. was incorporated in 1998 and has continued to build a reputation as a responsive and professional engineering services company. The objective of Austin Civil Engineering, Inc. is to meet our clients’ needs with regard to design, budget and schedule, while maintaining the highest project quality and constructability.
Email resume to: email@example.com
We are located: 9501B Manchaca Rd, Suite 220, Austin, Texas 78748
* Please forward resume with description of design work and portfolio if possible *
Send us your information including your resume and we will contact you when an opportunity becomes available.